Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil – 90 Softgels Bundle
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is the highest quality Cod Liver Oil available and is endorsed by the likes of Integrative Health experts such as Chris Kresser and Dr Terry Wahls for this very reason.
Exclusively made from wild cod that is sustainably harvested in Norway which are cold-processed without the use of metals or chemical treatments to preserve the delicate nutrients.
Rosita oils have been tested for:
- Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) including pesticides (such as DDT).
- Industrial chemicals (such as polychlorinated biphenyls, PCBs) and unintentional by-products of industrial processes (such as dioxins and furans).
- Heavy metals and microbiological contamination.
Rosita have outstanding testing transparency. Each and every individual batch of Rosita fish liver oil is third-party tested in a microbiological lab and certified to meet strict European regulations for potency and purity as well as Lipid Peroxidation Status. You can view current test results here.
Absolutely no heat, steam, rendering, chemical treatments, alkali refining, bleaching, winterization and deodorization are ever used in the processing or manufacturing of Rosita’s Cod Liver Oil. The bottles are flushed with nitrogen to avoid oxidation, and do not need cold packs or ice during shipping.
This is a raw unprocessed cod liver oil that is not fermented making it suitable for those with histamine sensitivity.
Rosita Cod Liver Oil contains a full spectrum profile of omega fatty acids 3,4,6,7,9 and 11. It is rich in EPA and DHA is a fantastic natural source of preformed Vitamin A (retinol) and Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol). Cod fish only contains vitamin D3, the preferred form for your body. These nutrients are readily bioavailable as they are in a wholefood form.
A serving size of 3 Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil softgels has:
- 127 IU Vitamin D3 per serving (3 softgels),
- 1,260 IU Vitamin A per serving (3 softgels).
An individual softgel has:
- 42.3 IU Vitamin D3 per softgel,
- 420 IU Vitamin A per softgel.
Cod Liver oil’s unique nutrient profile lends itself to many health benefits supported by scientific, peer-reviewed studies-
- Immune support: Cod liver oil contains vitamin A, which is supportive of the immune system.*
- Vision: The vitamin A and omega fatty acids in cod liver oil support vision health.*
- Reproduction: The vitamin A in cod liver oil is supportive of testicular and ovarian function.* It may also be vital for reproduction in both the male and female, and for many events in the developing embryo, including the embryo’s developing eyes.*
- Cellular communication: The vitamin A in cod liver oil supports cell communication, growth and differentiation, playing a critical role in the healthy formation and maintenance of the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs.*
- Skin: Food-based vitamins A and D are supportive of skin health and a youthful appearance.*
- Bones: The vitamin D in cod liver oil has an important role in supporting bone health.* That’s because vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium via the gut, which is a necessary mineral for strong bones.*
- Brain & cognition: Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids may play a key role in maintaining proper brain function.
It has traditionally been consumed as part of the diet, particularly by people living in northern coastal areas of Norway. It was crucial to survival, especially the cold, dark and stormy conditions. Here are some highlights of the beginnings of cod liver oil, according to documents compiled by Price Pottenger (which maintains the entire library of Dr. Weston A. Price’s work).
- 1943-1946: Cod liver oil was recognized for containing vitamins D and A that could support wartime malnutrition in children.* In 1943, Pope Pius XI inquired about the possible procurement of Newfoundland cod liver oil “to be kept at (the Vatican’s) disposal so it can be distributed at the end of the war in those regions where the health conditions of poor children demand it.” Six tons of the oil was then shipped to continental Europe.
- 1946-1971: Author and journalist Mark Kurlansky reports that during World War II, the British Ministry of Food “provided free cod-liver oil for pregnant and breastfeeding women, children under five, and adults over forty…. The British government, believing that the oil had produced the healthiest children England had ever seen, despite bombings and rationing, continued the program until 1971.”*
Cod Liver Oil is also brilliant for pregnant and breastfeeding women to ensure proper cell differentiation, heart, brain and nervous system development in accordance with Weston A Price dietary principles.
The liquid tends to be best suited for children as it is easier to sneak in foods and smoothies vs consuming soft gels however it’s absolutely suitable for both adults and kids alike.
Here are the dosing recommendations for Rosita Softgels:
- Adults can take three softgels (500 mg each) twice daily.
- Children who tolerate softgels can take three softgels once a day.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers: Do not exceed more than six softgels a day.
- Best taken with food.
Important: Rosita is premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what feels right for you.
Storage: The Softgels do not require refrigeration unlike the Liquid. Store out of direct sunlight and during warm temperatures, in a cool location.
* Consult with your physician before using if you are diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, anticipate surgery, have a diagnosed cardiovascular condition, bleeding or immune system disorder. If you or your child has never consumed fish or fish oil, or if you suspect a food allergy, consult your doctor prior to using a fish body oil/fish liver oil product. As an additional insurance, you could also rub a small amount of Cod Liver Oil into a small area on the skin, such as the lower leg.
Ingredients: Raw Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil, Softgel (fish gelatin, water, glycerin), Antioxidant (trace amount of natural rosemary extract), non-GMO natural mixed vitamin E tocopherols.