Besides being a bit of an all-purpose skin rejuvenating magic maker, Palmarosa has a wealth of pretty incredible superpowers for the body as a whole so let me regale you with my favourite ‘Rosa ways……
1. Palmarosa much like my favourite buddy Grapefruit has the ability to increase glutathione levels in the body. Glutathione being a Master antioxidant that protects our cells against free radical damage and oxidative stress. This is important stuff to have on hand and given it declines as we age, anything we can do to boost our own production of Glutathione will serve us well and help us age gracefully. Oh and inhalation alone is enough to stimulate this process making a daily sniff of this oil a very good thing to do indeed. Palmarosa is a potent antioxidant that promotes cellular growth and healthy regeneration.
2. Palmarosa is a marvel for modulating immune and inflammatory pathways in the body, easing cytokine activity and encouraging the body back into a state of balance. Inhalation or topical application are best and I suggest applying to the soles of the feet or along the spine to maximise the systemic effect on the body.
3. Palmarosa may be a fantastic occasional pain support agent when used topically over areas needing TLC. Try pairing it with Wintergreen or Copaiba and applying it topically with carrier oil for ultimate relief.
4. When it comes to the skin, Palmarosa is a powerful ally when it comes to slowing down the ageing process. Palmarosa inhibits the breakdown of elastin in the skin and connective tissue which can result in poor skin texture and delayed healing. This is particularly important for those dealing with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and Mould Illness where connective tissue breakdown is a real problem. Pair with Juniper Berry and Frankincense in your DIY Skin Serum or Oil Cleansing regime for best results.
If you haven’t yet experienced Oil Cleansing or making your own Serum, have a watch of my video below –
5. The brain is much loved upon by Palmarosa. Superoxide Dimutase which is THE mother of all antioxidants is super supported which in turn cares for not only overall cellular health but specifically our brain neurons where it protects from damage. This indicates it may be a fantastic neuroprotective agent that is really helpful support in the face of neurodegenerative issues. Try pairing with Turmeric which is another fantastic neuron protecting oil and applying to the brain stem topically with carrier.
6. Fungi hates Palmarosa period. Foot fungus, mycotoxins and yeasty issues are inhibited naturally and successfully with this oil. Apply topically or use in a footbath together with Lemon Myrtle or Ravintsara both of which are potent antifungals in their own right.
7. Back to the skin – dry, cracked skin is soothed and nourished. It helps our skin retain moisture in the tissues making it particularly helpful during the drying Winter weather. Blemishes and spots are encouraged to heal rapidly and wounds are knitted back together again speedily. Pair with Frankincense, Myrrh or YarrowPom as the ultimate wingmen and women.
So there you have it, my favourite ways to get to know and use Palmarosa.